Top Lessons from Vijay Shekhar Sharma for any Startup
Vijay Shekhar Sharma is the founder of the financial technology company PayTm. This Indian billionaire businessman was born in 1978 and ranked as India's youngest billionaire in 2017 by Forbes (net worth $2.1 billion). In 2017 he was in the list of Time Magazine's 100 top influential people as well.
So, Here are 7 lessons we can learn from Vijay Shekhar Sharma for any startup -
1. FIND YOUR NICHE FIRST: The founder of Paytm worked for several companies like River Run Software Group, Intersolutions India Pvt. Ltd, India Today Group Online, etc in his early career. After working in those companies for two years he started his entrepreneurial journey. He started One97 Communications Limited with his friend Rajiv Shukla because he knew what he was passionate about.
2. AIM FOR CHANGE: In an internet-based industry, the only thing you can predict is changing. He wanted to change the billing section at outlets. So he launched PayTM under One97 Communications. His application stands for pay through Mobile.
He always believes a startup should be aiming for something new or trying to change something for a good reason.
3. BE A RISKTAKER: For a successful startup, you need to be fearless. Taking risks and making a difference should be your goal. One phrase that Vijay Shekhar Sharma truly believes is Do big or go home.
4. ALWAYS VALUES SOME VITAL SKILL: Vijay Shekhar Sharma always values some skills from the beginning.
A. patience: As we mentioned earlier, he worked for 2 years in other companies. After that, he also has some rough phrases in his career. But his patience was always with him.
So Being patience is the only thing that can help you to get through your tough times to welcome bright times.
B. confidence: Sharma strongly believes in confidence. He believes when you think differently you will fall in many uncomfortable situations. Don't let anything interrupt your believe or think. In that case, only your self-confidence can rescue you.
C. loyalty: He also believes in loyalty. No matter what your business is, it Won't be last long if you are not loyal with Your customers.
5. CONVERT AN OBSTACLE INTO AN OPPORTUNITY: In Vijay's early life, he also have many obstacles like other startups. The main obstacle was MONEY.
After working for several years he made some money for starting his own business. After starting a big company like PayTm he deals with many obstacles in his life. But converting obstacles into opportunity is his most important rules.
6. GO FOR EXCELLENCE: Vijay is known for his innovative ideas. In 2006 PayTm recognise as "Most Innovative Startup" and in 2015 he won India’s innovative CEO AWARD as well.
7. DON’T GIVE UP: Vijay Shekhar's achievements are dreams of many people. But he also went through many tough phrases in his life. But Vijay Shekhar Sharma never gives up on his passion.